Have you ever wondered what to do with edible flowers? There are so many options, but using them in chocolate bark is a quick-and-easy dessert that makes a perfect treat for picnics and parties.
If you want to make this vegan, be sure to use dark chocolate or a vegan-brand chocolate that does not use any milk products.
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change.” – Buddha
How to Make Edible Flower Chocolate Bark
Prep Time 10 minutes + Cooling Time
1 bag 10-11 oz of chocolate chips
1. If you don't have a double broiler, place some water in a small pot and then place a bowl on top that you are able to pick up from the pot. Use a towel or oven mit to do this!
2. Line a pan (I used a 9-inch pie pan) with parchment paper
3. Bring the water to a simmer and then place the bowl on top.
4. Pour the chocolate chips into the bowl and use a spoon to help mix the chocolate once it melts. You may need to release steam from the pot, so at times lift the edge to release the steam.
5. Once its completely melted, pour onto the parchment paper. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and layer the chocolate evenly on the paper. I chose to make mine a thicker layer.
6. Immediately begin adding the flowers to the chocolate in a pattern of your choice. Don't press too hard because if you do, it'll push the flowers under the chocolate.
7. Place in the refrigerator to harden, which may take one or more hours.
8. Once hardened, use a knife to cut abstract shapes of your liking.
Let's Connect! Check out my other flower recipes!
Leave a Reply.
Elizabeth Rae Kovar M.A. is Author of her memoir, Finding Om and is a Fitness Trainer, Yogi, Reiki Master, Presenter and Lover of Life. To view her portfolio please visit www.elizabethkovar.com